We give away our morning offering! At least, we give away all the cash, and any checks designated for Change for Change.
Each month, a different agency or group receives the donations. Anyone can nominate a group for Change for Change. Recipient groups must be non-profit. Generally, we prefer to give to groups – whether local, national, or even worldwide -- for whom $1000 to $2000 will make a significant difference. The Social Justice Committee evaluates all nominees and submits recommendations to the Board, which makes the final selections.
Recipients have included:
- The Huckleberry Project
- Parents’ Assistance Center
- Health Alliance for the Uninsured
- Jesus House
- Oklahoma Literacy Council
- Hope – Gyn Cancer Support
- OCU Innocence Project
- Mommy University – Emerson School
- CARE – Center for Child Abuse
- Mustard Seed Development Organization